Friday, December 19, 2008

Annika's Letter to the Fans

Dear LPGA fans,

My last event is over and it is time to step away from competitive golf. As I sat on the plane home from Dubai I had a chance to reminisce about the last 15 years. It has been an incredible ride and I could not have asked for anything more. This wonderful game took me from a small town in Sweden and introduced me to the world. I have met some incredible people and traveled to so many wonderful places. I have learned many lessons, matured and built friendships that will last a life time. I have so much for which I am thankful!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support throughout the years. It has been truly humbling to witness the loyalty and commitment you have shown the other ladies and me. I have read some of the tributes out there on the different websites and they warm my heart. It is an honor to have touched so many lives and to have had the chance to make a difference. I might be outside the ropes starting next year, but I will be following the LPGA and its progress. Women's golf and the LPGA are in good hands with talents such as Lorena, Paula, Yani and Suzann.

The time has come for me to give back to the game I love in other ways. I hope to continue to inspire people to follow their dreams through my Academy, Foundation, USGA relationship, Course Design work and events that I will host. I am ready for the new challenges that the future will surely bring. I will embrace and attack them just like I did with my golf game over the years. I have ambitious goals, a great team, and a strategy to build a brand of businesses that will hopefully be my legacy. It will take patience, dedication, commitment and hard work – attributes that the game of golf has taught me well.

Thanks for sharing my passion!

Annika

No comments: